Admin Tag UI improves the tag sections found in the admin add and edit post pages.
The plugin improves tag selection interface in the add/edit post pages. The default WordPress tag interface is great when only a few tags can be selected from. However, as the site grows and more tags can be selected, we felt the interfaces becomes cluttered and restrictive. It becomes too easy to miss tags since the default interface doesn’t show all existing tags. It becomes a chore to read through tags presented through a cloud style since it bunches the tags together and changes font sizes based on usage. Again, the default WordPress tag interface is great for smaller sites, we just felt few small improvements were necessary for when the tag list becomes large.
- Shows all tags instead of just the most used
- Displays tags in 2 a list style within 2 columns
- Highlights tags as you select them
- Increased font size
- Removed the growing/shrinking font size
- Removed the jump up to the the Add tag field after clicking on a tag
- Automatically reveals the tags without having to click to reveal them
- For selected tags, hovering over the remove (X) icon highlights the entire tag
A settings page is included to allowing changes to be tweaked or to keep certain changes as the WordPress default.